Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Super Sad Face

I don't know if you've heard of THE BEST JOB IN THE WORLD (http://www.islandreefjob.com) - but it was almost mine. Had I not done my usual self-sabotaging/lazy-ass self, then maybe I wouldn't have procrastinated. Take this as a lesson to you all - and to myself. I guess I will be learning the lesson the hard way, by not spending 6 months in Australia, being paid to explore and blog.

The deadline came up a little quickly, and I planned on having last week off to work on it. But I didn't get last week off and work crazy hours, and on Saturday was sick/tired/lazy and didn't work on it either. I started working on it very late in the day on Saturday, and thought I had missed the deadline, but just decided to finish it anyways. I checked later, what the deadline was actually later than I thought it was, and I was energized to finish. I finished my very super cheesy totally shows I did this in a few hours but is super fucking awesome anyways cuz I'm rad video, and instead of uploading it, emailed it to my sister for "comments". I don't know what I was thinking, I wasn't realistically going to change it... I guess I just wanted approval, or maybe secretly I didn't want to not get picked (out of.. you know.. 34,000 applicants...) But I decided to sleep and upload it the following day because I had enough time. Congratulations to me, because the servers were jammed all day, and despite the 40 hours I spent, I could not get through. Lesson learned - be smarter, evaluate your options and judgement better, don't procrastinate.

It's sort of sad that I stayed up til all hours creating something and because of a moment of lameness, I'm not even going to get a "shot". In my idealistic world, I'd like to say that my video would have caught something amongst the recruiting group. But now I'll never know. I even sent them a "plea email" (as I'm sure SO many other people did) and while I knew it was a long shot, I thought I would send it anyways. After some sleep I realize "what have I got to lose". This is what they have to say on their website:

"Overnight about 4000 people tried to simultaneously upload their last minute applications, which unfortunately caused delays and some technical difficulties. We regret if this has caused frustration. To be fair to everyone, we can't accept applications via email or any other form. Due to the overwhelming amount of applications that we have received and the time required to process and shortlist for the next stage, we have to be very strict with the closing date. This means that applications have now closed and no discussion will be entered into regarding this matter."

Boo Urns.

Either way, like as said in the caption - hopefully this won't be the last video I make. But it might be the last one you see, of me, talking in my sickly almost man super sexy 3am voice. Oh man.. you should hear me now...

It's not quite Barney's Video Resume, and I "borrowed" one small idea from him - but I hope you have some crackers and wine handy cuz this thing is CHEESE.Y.

2 comments:

  1. this video is my favorite thing ever. good job, jeanster. make more videos. pronto.

    ReplyDelete
  2. j and b love it! they watched it 4 times already

    ReplyDelete