Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sleepless in Seattle - the Los Angeles 2009 version

So I kind of feel like I'm posting an AWFUL lot. But I'll say that I'm holding down the fort while Andrea is off gallivanting on the other side of the nation and she'll come back with lots of fun things to say. Or at least a link to pictures.

I got forwarded this while at work, from a co-worker and the email said "Is this you?" And then I read the following:



HAH. no. funny, but no. Actually, I think I my actual response was, "I wish." But actually, not really either. I wish in the sense that I wish I had had more time to sit around and chit chat and make smileys and conversations with people that I had a good "vibe" with. Or maybe I secretly wish that someone "cared" for me enough that they write a missed connections post about me on craigslist.

Which I guess brings me to another point. WHO DOES THIS STUFF?! Apparently a TON of people. But really - what are the chances that you write something like this, that ONE someone finds it and responds. Especially since there are literally pages and PAGES of these to wade through. Do people surf these ads in the off chance that someone's writing about them in the internet? Well, apparently this shit works, because we were able to figure out who it was. But sadly, girl isn't going to respond. Could have been a Red Carpet romance. I think it's kind of cute that some boy out there is willing to write about how he's been "kicking himself for the last 2 days for letting you get away." Cute. Really cute.

These things always just seems so far fetched. But it's actually within my realm of tangible people. So weird.

4 comments:

  1. Dude, someone that you and I both know but who shall remain nameless on this comment actually wrote one of those missed connection things on Craigslist, and went so far as to go on a date and everything. It didn't work out, but I mean, it apparently *does* happen. And I guess if you were feeling that vibe enough to write about it, there's a good chance that the other person felt it too, I guess.

    My problem in that scenario would be that I would think we were automatically MFEO, to use a little Sleepless in Seattle jargon. I would be like, what are the odds! It must be fate. And before you know it, I'm standing on top of a tall building waiting for some dude to come carry me off to, oh, say, Seattle maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Who wrote a missed connection thing and went on a date... I don't think I know about this story...

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously? wow.. you need to write a movie about it. :) i guess it's the new version of the old "personals" in the paper which i would read when i was very bored... but i don't have time read the ones on google! did you forward it to all your coworkers? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not the writer (uhh.. excluding blogs..).. you are! Write me something! :P

    We posted it to the publicity co that we thought it was about, and then posted it on our door. :)

    ReplyDelete