Thursday, September 17, 2009

Time Traveling

Okay, time for a real post about our adventures, because there have been a few.

Last year, there was an 80's Prom Party and I missed out. Partially because I was working like a fiend, and partially because I avoided it. I HATE dressing up in themes and I HATE costumes. It's all this effort to look stupid. Or Awesome as my roommate would like to call it, but really, along with Karaoke and not wanting kids, these are things that she and I will disagree on. This year, she made 80's prom her birthday party, so I "had" to go. We went thrift/online/Urban Outfitter shopping for all the neon, sparkly, outdated but currently in, huge poofy things we could find. Andrea came over, helped me crimp my hair, poured half a water bottle full of vodka in her "starter" drink and we amassed ourselves with bracelets and rings. And this was only the beginning.

After the shady cab driver - we finally arrived on the scene. We were greeted by Finding a Way Back into Love and Alex P. Keaton... or what he may have started out as... The 80z All Stars are a band that plays at Disneyland and I hired them to play at a Halloween Party and it rocked. Andrea found out they were playing here, and my roommate (who looooves the 80's and dressing up) decided to make it her birthday party - and that's how we find ourselves here. and Andrea being too cool for school.



You want to know why Drea thinks she's hot shit? Cuz she is. And she's wearing a GIANT BOW on her ass. You might not be able to see it too clearly here, but it's totally awesome, for sure.

I posted pictures of the night and Andrea comments "wait, I drank that?" - yeaaaaa... that probably led to the picture on the right. And my shoddy shoddy framing of it as well... which, to be honest, I barely remember taking this picture... and the other 5 like it.

=

There was good music, lots of dancing and singing, people's fun outfits, vodka shots in honor of Dorina's birthday, more dancing, photobooth pictures, late night cabbing to Denny's (the disappointment of no potachos was an EPIC FAIL), and the day after - trying to regain composure from the night before and get the hairspray out of the hair. You want to know what Andrea remembers?



Thank goodness for cameras.






2 comments:

  1. Wow. Double blast from the past. Hopefully this is also a glimpse of The Future, wherein Times Are Fun Once Again And Then They Are Posted On This Blog!

    And that is a terrible photo of the back of my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the record - That is COMPLETELY false. There were colors and lights and some chicks that I made friends with in the bathroom in my memory. SO THERE. Did I take shots with Dorina? Anybody? Anybody? Beuller?

    ReplyDelete